A school operated for the first time in 1860, having the priest Hadjipaiannis Oikonomos from Mesogi as its first teacher and Theodoros Moditis Genas from Omodos as its second. During 1878 the folklore scientist Georgios Louka from Omodos was the teacher, while in 1907 it was Xenofon Farmakidis who had gathered plenty of folklore material -mainly from Koutsotheoris. Later on the school acquired two teachers, having three teachers from 1962 until 1967 and then four teachers. Today only one teacher works in the school and the pupils barely exceed 10.
The village today.
At the village’s entrance the statue of Ntinos Pavlou , who fell while defending democracy in 1974, welcomes the visitors coming to Dora, a place that falls into decline year by year. The ruined and uninhabited houses are more than the ones that are inhabited. No motion in the streets and the plaza during the weekdays and very little during weekends. Th Association of Emigrants of Dora, in collaboration with the community council, has scheduled and has performed various projects but the state’s care and aid is necessary for the solution of various problems and for the revitalisation of the village.
Dora -like all the other villages -must see better days ahead.